Thursday, November 26, 2020

Meat Flying.

 Since VH - LAG went skyward on it's own the whole thing has been eating at me. A bit like I didnt want to think about Sport Aviation since Alan Hayes got killed the idea of "having another crack " was a hit big of a biltong to chew. 

Rather than kit up and start building again. I can taste the sense of desperation and deja vu. Be like jail rather than good fun..  Be the so called "repeat offender" but without having earned the first sentence.

Maybe  buy a modest RV - 6 ? The ones that come up for sale with all the OCD bullshit (heated leather seats) tend to be stupid prices but a simple honest VFR one might be had for circa $50k. 

To actually own and fly the aircraft rather than spend thousands of hours in a shed staring at it. 

The RV - 6 would be usable to do my BFR in and for a friend to use as Ab Initio Trainer. I wouldn't trust it to a hefalump student pilot but to fly a 152 / Tomahawk then and RV -  6 would be a duplication of work and the lessons learned in one would be a hindrance in the next.  Anyone with a normal level of finese should be able to do it. 

Where to find an instructor? Vale Alan Hayes.

Perhaps after a cupplla hundred hours in it I might be bored with the whole idea and the thousand hours in the workshop is time I have already done / will never get back. Much and all as I would like to live forever... 

https://www.planesales.com.au/details/Listing/Single-Engine-Propeller/6389/1992-Vans-RV-6-Aircraft

No comments:

Post a Comment