Thursday, April 25, 2013

Summer Palace Makeover

My old job has done a bit of a Karen Carpenter thanks to Swannie and his mob of clowns dishing it out to these rapacious miners. Rigs are parked up in Kalgoorlie and mineral exploration has gone down the gurgler. 

Time to trade Paddy Hannan for James Clerk Maxwell and give the inner geek a bit of a frolic, I reckon. 



Am gonna try my hand at a city job for a while and see how that goes. The old Summer Palace is going to have to be home for a while so I thought it time to give the place a bit of a makeover. 

I was in the right place at the right time when a crane was being scrapped down at the Freo Wharves and I scored some stairs. You can see the crappy old cement ones half demolished. I have some big plans for the Summer Palace over the next few months. It will be all Raspberry Pi, Altium and Oasis Montaj for me for a while so I might as well get comfy. 

If I must work in town - Keep " working stiff " hours, then I need to roost up with the Koolbardie and the Wardung. It is tempting to medicalise common ennui, so in this instance I yield and claim Seasonal Affective Disorder i.e. I hate Winter. The more light the better, who cares how cold it gets?



Raspberry Pi sound recording setup.



What a view !!


A cheery inferno dispels the chill. 


gone is the "collapsing ceiling and reek of rat's piss" motif ... something a little more cephalopodic for the bathroom ...




No comments:

Post a Comment