Monday, October 5, 2020

Bush Stone-curlew

Burhinus grallarius
Burhinidae

Where I am now (Northern Australia - Darwin) the Stone Bush Curlew fills the night with his ghostly cries. The Aboriginals have it that these birds will steal your soul with their wailings. It is not my imagination that these creatures are closing in on me. Their habitat is being destroyed all around the block where I am parked and they seem to be moving closer for refuge. They havent stolen my soul yet (so far as I can acertain) perhaps they dont want it? It hasn't proven much utility for me so far either I must admit.

Here is a stock photo of one. I am setting up a microphone and if I can get the techs to work I will be able to share the cry of this unfathomable bird with you?


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment